The Prayer (Nth time)
There was this work area behind my kitchen where I believed time flowed slowly. So I thought if I stayed there long enough hours, years or even decades could pass.
When I was child I sometimes messed up things in school. I would go to this work area in hopes of time passing by. Somehow in my brain I thought if I stayed there long enough my parents wouldn't shout at me.
But of course they find you. And time doesn't work like that. But I still carry this tendency to add magic to my daily mundane life. If it can be called magic. It can be horror at times as well.
In fact I remember mangoose coming out of the hole near our banana plant. I thought the mongoose represented all that was evil in this world. Every cause has an advocate. Mangoose was the advocate for evil.
But sometimes things went really bad. And you really can't stay in the work area and hope time passes and time heals you. At these times I always hear this sound which I can only describe as a sound similar to a wooden stick hitting on a bell.
It pierces through the air and a silhouette of a mother appears . I don't know why I always describe it as a mother. She would appear on the wall opposite the bus stop where I am standing or in the sky when I look up. I don't know, a sense of relief washes over me when she appears.
Sometimes the darkness scares me, a kind of painful knot tightening in my chest. But as a friend said, someone is surely taking care of those walking into the unknown. And everything unknown is shrouded in darkness, whether it is people or situations. Even the most beautiful of things.
Comments
Post a Comment